Skid-mounted Hydrogenation Plants Video
Modular hydrogenation plants
Skid-mounted hydrogenation plants offer certain advantages over conventional on-site construction.
The main advantages of skid-mounted hydrogenation plants are:
- single point-responsibility at EKATO
- shorter project implementation times
- low overall investment costs
- no interruption to existing operations (in case of plant expansion or modification)
- assembly of skids under workshop conditions at EKATO's assembly facilities
- ull functional test prior to delivery possible
EKATO’s skid-mounted hydrogenation modules comprise
- steel structure
- hydrogenation reactor
- piping and valves
- cabling and junctions boxes
- control system (located in safe area)
EKATO has supplied equipment to more than 500 hydrogenation projects in Europe, Asia, and the US. Skids are assembled in EKATO’s own modern, purpose-built assembly facilities or at selected, certified sub-contractors.
Typical skid-mounted hydrogenation modules made by EKATO range from reactor sizes of 50 l to 6000 l useful volume. Larger plants consist of more than one module and comprise also a catalyst preparation skid, a catalyst filtration skid, heating/cooling station and a scrubber system.