We detected, that your browser supports another language than the called one. This page is also available in your language! Would you switch to this page in your language?
Our specialists will be pleased to advise you.
A mechanical seal system consists of the mechanical seal cartridge, the hydraulic component and the installation, which consists of the piping, instrumentation, and fastening.
In mixing technology, a reliable sealing of the mixing vessel can be ensured only by means of a complete mechanical seal system. Careful selection of suitable hydraulic and installation components is at least as important as the safe construction of the mechanical seal itself. The supply of seal liquid is of primary safety-related importance because the physical processes in the sealing gap and on the sealing surfaces are very sensitive to high temperatures.
In sealing technology, the storage can be done in different ways. For simple sealing tasks, you can use the thermosiphon effect in the seal liquid as well as the natural convection in the surrounding air. If the thermosiphon effect is not sufficient to dissipate the accumulated heat quickly enough, the seal liquid must be conveyed with a pump.
A seal is considered technically tight when the pressure in the seal chamber is always higher than the tank pressure. To maintain pressure, the EKATO hydraulic components can be overlayed with constant pressure or work with a pressure compensator in which the seal pressure automatically follows the vessel pressure.
- EKATO hydraulic components and sealing systems from one single supplier
- The sealing technology and hydraulic components were specially developed for agitators
- Precisely adapted to every application
- The best solution for any special sealing problem
- Individual hydraulics tailored to customer requirements
Sterile storage vessel with sterile installation
- Particularly suitable for use in sterile processes
- Delivery includes sterile installation as a complete sterile system
- Sealing liquid condensate cooled by plate heat exchanger
- Sterilization of the condensate after exiting the seal by inflowing fresh steam
Accessories for storage vessels
- Hand pump for refilling the seal liquid
- Pressure gauge and safety valve for pressure overlay
- Water jacket or cooling coil for cooling of the seal liquid
- Magnetic float switch with min–min alarm and switch amplifiers for ATEX Zone 1
- Level switch for redundant monitoring at ATEX Zone 0
- Supply of the seal with seal liquid
- Thermosiphone effect
- Pressure overlay
- Sterile system