We detected, that your browser supports another language than the called one. This page is also available in your language! Would you switch to this page in your language?
OUR SPECIALISTS WILL BE PLEASED TO ADVISE YOU.
ELA 50 is a pilot plant for process developments in a 50 l scale. It comprises a reactor with a coaxial agitator system which allows operation of a central and a close-to-the-wall impeller. A vacuum station can be used for degassing and solvent recovery. These units are installed in an EX-proof area and suitable for operation with flammable liquids.
Processes are investigated under well defined fluid dynamic conditions. The results from trials can be directly used for scale-up to industrial size.
Batch or semi-batch, single or multiphase, across a wide range of processes:
- low to high viscosities
- solvent evaporation
Optimization of the agitation system to
- minimize mixing times
- maximize mass transfer
- provide efficient solids suspension
- increase heat transfer
- working volume 60 litres
- temperatures: 20 to 200°C
- pressure: 40 mbar (abs) to 4 bar (abs)
- viscosity: up to 1,000 Pa s
- plant is EX-proof (T3, IIB)
- variety of different impeller systems from central impellers to close-to-the-wall impellers (also suitable for parallel coaxial installation)
- vacuum station with condenser
- modification for steam injection into the vessel and lower temperatures possible
Support from EKATO mixing specialists:
- trials performed at EKATO laboratories
- scale-up expertise
- guarantees for key process parameters
- analytical services (density, viscosity, GC, HPLC)
- temperatures (vessel and jacket)
- impeller speed
- impeller torque/power input