We detected, that your browser supports another language than the called one. This page is also available in your language! Would you switch to this page in your language?
Our specialists will be pleased to advise you.
The EKATO Viscoprop is a universal impeller that closes the gap between axial pumping systems for turbulent, low-viscosity regimes and positive displacement mixing systems for laminar, high-viscosity regimes. Consequently, it is also used in multi-purpose equipment with frequent product changes.
The EKATO Viscoprop is not a purely axial-pumping mixing system. The standard versions have blade angles of 25° and 53°. A higher blade angle results in an increasingly radial pumping component in additional to the axial component. The Viscoprop version with the smaller blade angle (25°) is used preferentially for low-viscosity blending and suspending tasks. The version with the higher blade angle produces a higher local energy input and a higher shear rate in the vicinity of the impeller blades. This enables homogenization of products with higher viscosities or non-Newtonian flow behavior.
EKATO VISCOPROP in operation
Thanks to its advanced hydrofoil technology, the multitalent EKATO VISCOPROP is an impeller that can be universally used for multi-purpose tasks, offering:
- Outstanding mixing efficiency for low and medium viscous media
- Excellent flow velocities on the vessel bottom for the suspension of solids
- High axial flow velocities on the vessel wall for better heat transfer
- Single / multistage impeller arrangement
- Two, three or four bladed impeller design
- Customized angle of inclination